At our recent Wilson Gluten Free Meetup Group Meeting, Stephanie B. shared the list of gluten free items available at Bill's Barbecue. The list was sent to her from Traci Ellis, Bill's wife, who is also gluten intolerant.
Please call the restaurant (252-237-4372) if you have any questions.
Gluten free menu items at Bill's Barbecue:
updated 6/29/2010 - cf
- Boiled potatoes
- String beans
- Potato salad
- Baked chicken
- Hamburger patty (plus grilled onions)
- Most all veggies (as long as they are NOT fried)
DO NOT EAT the following foods:
- No corn sticks - the cornsticks themselves are gluten free, but they are not fried in a dedicated fryer.
- No fries - again, not prepared in a dedicated fryer.
- No brunswick stew - most likely is made using prepared soups that have gluten/wheat flour as a thickening agent.
Many thanks to Stephanie B. for sharing this list with us! For people who are gluten free in the Wilson area, it is awesome to know that we can still eat at this wonderful long-time Wilson dining establishment!