Our first meeting was held on Saturday June 26th 2010 at the Wilson County Public Library. We had 6 people in attendence.
We discussed local gluten free restaurant options in Wilson NC. Some of the restaurants that can accomodate gluten free dining in Wilson are:
- Jac's Grill - inform server, the chef & manager are aware of gluten intolerance and can make a safe meal.
- Quince - inform server, the chef & manager are aware of gluten intolerance and can make a safe meal.
- Chick-Fil-A - see gluten free menu statement. They have a dedicated fryer for waffle fries! Easy meal is a bunless grilled chicken breast, waffle fries, and a side salad. Fruit & coleslaw are also gluten free!
- Bill's Barbeque - Traci Ellis, wife of the owner of Bill's is gluten intolerant. List of foods that are gluten free & safe to eat from Bill's will be posted ASAP.
- Griff's Steak Barn - Has a large salad bar that has safe, gluten free options. Grilled chicken on the salad bar is gluten free.
- Beef Master - Menu is very simple, steak, baked potatoes, salad. Should be able to accomodate gluten free menu. Make sure to inform server & cook.
- Denny's - inform waitress. Manager & cook are aware of gluten intolerance and can accomodate and make a gluten free meal on a clean grill. Also check their allergen menu.
- Moe's - Do NOT eat corn tortillas. Beans, rice, and vegetables should be safe. Can get a beans, rice, meat & veggie bowl. Check allergen menu.
We will post in depth reviews of these restaurants in the future. If you have been to a restaurant in Wilson NC that has been accomodating to a gluten free diet, please share with us in the comments below!!
We decided that our next Wilson Gluten Free Meetup Group meeting will be held on Saturday September 11th 2010. We will meet again at the Wilson County Public Library from 3-5pm.
- Next Meeting: September 11, 2010 - 3 to 5pm - Wilson County Public Library.