Thursday, July 8, 2010

Olive Garden Gluten Free Menu




One of our Wilson Gluten Free Meetup Group members, Jaime visited an Olive Garden restaurant in Jacksonville, NC over the weekend.



Jaime learned that the gluten free pasta available is basically a packaged microwave meal, but she was still able to find a tasty meal for her celiac daughter to eat. Here's what Jaime had to say about her experience there:
"We went to Olive Garden in Jacksonville today. I was kinda sad to find out their pennine rigate was actually just a microwave dinner. Totally didn't look like something my celiac daughter would eat. However, the chef himself came out and spoke to me. When he found out this wasn't "just some allergy" (grr LOL) he was awesome.... He was VERY understanding of my concerns. He made her a beautiful grilled chicken breast with sauteed mushrooms. She also ate a salad. This girl never ate salads before going GF! I'm so impressed with my sweetie... she didn't even fuss over the breadsticks. God love her heart!"

I have to admit that I've been leary of visiting an Olive Garden because I was afraid that the possibility of cross-contamination was too great. But after reading about Jaime's experience I think I'd be willing to give it a try!

This would be a great restaurant to take your own bread if it's allowed. That way you don't have to salivate over the garlic bread sticks they serve with the salad! :-)

What are your gluten free experiences with Olive Garden?


No comments:

Post a Comment